[adaptivetec] Employment Workshop

  • From: "Adaptive Technology Services" <captaincynic3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:45:01 -0700

Community Announcement: Employment Workshop Series
May 12th - July 21st.
Every second Tuesday
Free!

While the job market at the moment is extremely challenging, it may seem like
an unlikely time to announce an Employment Workshop Series; but in fact there
is no better time to hone that resume, package the job skills, and identify and
target where the jobs are.
 In collaboration with a recruitment professional, we have put together a
series of six free workshops designed to give those from within our community
seeking employment, valuable insights into job seeking strategies.

Seminar content: A series of six sessions to provide consumers information on
job seeking strategies.

Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this seminar, only the desire to
be gainfully employed.

Cost: There is no charge for this series of six sessions.

Requirement: An applicant must commit to all six sessions.

Duration: 3 months

Frequency: Twice per month, on Tuesdays

Times/Dates: 5pm - 7pm,  from Tuesday May 12th, every other week through July
21st.

Location: 629 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94117

 Contact:  Tel - 415.409.6650  Toll Free - 866.564.6650

Format:
Presentations followed by group discussions and Q&A
Though the topics are independent they are designed with progression

Group size:
Limited to 8 people per session
First come first served

Topics:
Session 1:
Where to start
How to identify employment goals, interests, skill sets and appropriate
positions.

Session 2:
Building a resume

Session 3:
Reviewing consumers' resume

Session 4:
Cover letter

Session 5:
Reviewing consumers' cover letter

Session 6:
Interviewing techniques
Marketing your skills and presenting yourself

 Please call or email our office (see below) to reserve a place in the
Employment Workshop Series

Chrissy Dodds
cdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
415.409.6650