[acm] Summary of 2007-02-06 Meeting

  • From: "A. Walker" <walkera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: acm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:39:33 -0600

2007-02-06

Moved meetings to 5:30pm on Tuesdays (Maes room 114)

Banquet speaker
- name: Dr. Myron Ginsberg
- will arrive on Wednesday (April 11),
- talk to cs/math/physics undergraduates on Thursday (April 12) about
supercomputers in science auditorium,
- talk to grad students on Friday (April 13) about something else,
- talk at banquet Friday night (April 13) about computer science careers
- he is recommended (and his trip is partially funded) by the national ACM

Officer elections
- President: Reid Thomas
- VP: Crystal Wettingfeld
- Secretary: Raul Picon
- Treasurer: still Josh McCandless by default, although he didn't come
to the meeting
- SGA rep: still Ryan Hamshire for now (he graduates in May)

Yearbook photo

14 people attended (1 left before the photo)

Mary paid (from membership drive - her friend still needs to pay),
And got 3 more signups who paid:
Adam, Nilam, and Mahat

Got officer transfer paperwork done, still need to do bank account
transfer paperwork (at the education credit union)

Reid wants to write new constitution (we don't have one currently)

We need to post flyers for new meeting time/place now that it's finalized