[ackermangarden] Hi Ackerman Garden listserv members

  • From: Danuta Majchrowicz <majchrowicz2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ackermangarden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:03:08 -0400

Hi Erin, Bob, Erin, Jan, Joyce, Tamara and Miriam,

Erin S and I decided that a trial run of a listserv for the garden would be
a good idea.  As such, I've created one on FreeLists.org, that is called
"AckermanGarden".  I subscribed all of you to it for the trial run. The
listserv can serv as a forum for posting info about the garden, reminders,
questions, etc.  There can be subgroups to the listserv for different
committees (I think).  It would be available to garden members only. Of
course, the constraint is that only people with access to email would find
it useful.  I can subscribe anyone and everyone who is a garden member and
generate an automatic email welcome (which none of you received).

It could read something like this:

Welcome!!!!  You have been added to the listserv for the Ackerman Garden.
This email listserv is for Garden Members only, and is to be used to
disseminate
information about the garden, post reminders about events, ask general and
specific questions related to the garden and its activities.  If you send an
email to the listserv, you'll be sending an email to everyone in the garden.

Information about using the listserv is posted below.

To Unsubscribe (to get yourself off this listserv), send an email to
AckermanGarden-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with “unsubscribe” in the Subject.

have something in the "subject" line of your email, or else your message will
not be posted.

Rules about posting messages TBA

Responding to a message: the listserv is set up so that your response to any
incoming message from a listserv member will be sent only to the person
posting that message.  If you want your message to be sent to the whole
group, you need to respond by hitting "reply all".

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Danuta