[acetpast] Re: Your presentation: ACET 48th Conference

  • From: Mary Myers <mary.e.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <acetpast@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <nleveille@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "rnelson@xxxxxxxxx" <rnelson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 18:57:54 -0500

Thanks.  We will do so. In the meantime you can visit out website at
www.acetweb.org Dr. MaryMyers
 Subject: [acetpast] Re: Your presentation:  ACET 48th Conference
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:29:02 -0500
From: Linda.Shepherd@xxxxxxxx
To: acetpast@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mary, The timeframe is a bit short and the distance a bit too far for me
this year.  It would serve as a great reminder if we could be emailed the early
part of next year as to the next conference (dates and location), so we can
plan out our year. Thank you! Linda Shepherd From:
acetpast-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:acetpast-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Mary Myers
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 5:47 PM
To: acetpast@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [acetpast] Your presentation: ACET 48th Conference In the past, you
have presented at our annual conference. We are writing this in hopes that you
might be able to present again. We have a few sessions available and would love
to be able to see you again. If you have a topic you might want to present,
please forward your information per the instructions at
http://www.acetweb.org/2012Conference/proposal.php We are extending the due
date for previous presenters. We would love to see you there.

If you have not registered for the Houston-area conference yet, please do so as
we anticipate another great conference.

See you in SugarLand in November!

                                                  48th Annual Conference Call
for ParticipationNovember 2, 2012Greetings:Ø  Please join the Association for
Computer Educators in Texas in celebrating its 48th annual conference in Sugar
Land on November 2nd  Ø  Registration is now open at www.acetweb.org. Ø  The
conference site is the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
http://www.slmarriott.com  Ø  This Year’s Topics:General Session: Sugar, Spice,
and Everything Strategic: Post-secondary Partnerships in the New
MillenniumKeynote Speaker: PearsonCurrent and/or Future Technology Development:
Role of Social Network in the Classroom for Collaborative LearningWeb
Development: Using Ajax in Web Programming; Mobile Application DevelopmentIT
Pedagogy: Positive and Negative Impacts of Virtual Communities; Computational
Thinking: Building a Model Curriculum; Enhanced Student Learning with Online
Course Materials; Service Learning in Online Education; Hit! You Sunk My
Submarine Aircraft Carrier (An Object-Oriented Case Study)And others:  A Study
to Identify Influences of Financial Aid on Enrollment and retention of Hispanic
Students in Higher Education; R and the Message passing Interface on the Little
Fe Cluster ü  Check out the schedule of presentations at the ACET website.ü
The conference hotel is the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, 16090 City Walk,
Sugar Land, TX 77479. ü  If you make reservations by October 17th, you can
enjoy the State Rate! For undergraduate student submissions regarding research
or projects refer to the “Student Contests” link on the ACET website
www.acetweb.org and complete the appropriate forms.   We look forward to seeing
you at the 48th ACET annual conference.Best wishes,ACET 2012 Program
Committeehttp://www.acetweb.org/