[aces-caeeg-board] Professional Development Director of NFLD

  • From: Neil McPherson <NL516205@xxxxxx>
  • To: laura_pittman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:59:42 -0400

Hey Laura:

I would like to thank you for volunteering for the subject position at ACES. Here is a copy of the letter that last year's PD Director did up. As I mentioned before, I think this is a good opportunity to develop a relationship between students and provincial engineering licensing boards. It is important for us to try and maintain these relationships as they could be very beneficial when it comes to sponsorship for future events with ACES.

The ultimate goal I would like to see is a position as a student rep on their board meetings. I'm not sure how often they would meet but I think once a month would suffice from a student position. That gives them a chance to ask a student questions about recruiting future licensed engineers and it gives the student some face time with potential future employment as well as something they can put on a resume.

The list I have CC'd in this e-mail is a free list that the B.O.D of ACES uses to communicate as long as the information is not confidential. I will ask Salim to have you added to it.

There is a job description in the ACES policy manual to help clarify the position. There hasn't been much done in the field of Professional Development within ACES for the last couple of years and I would like to change that. I would be happy even if we make some baby steps to help ACES in this field. Do what you can and let me know if you have any questions. Cheers.

Neil McPherson
President 2010-2011
ACES (Atlantic Council of Engineering Students)
http://www.aces-caeeg.com/