[aces-caeeg-board] Re: Meeting Thursday Feb 3rd 2011 at 7pm

  • From: Salim El Bouzidi <r04vg@xxxxxx>
  • To: aces-caeeg-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:26:50 -0400

Hey ACES.
Laura has been added to our mailing list. Welcome Laura!

Neil:
I'm going to be going to UNB Saint John to make a presentation about ACES etc. I would like to go over the main points of the presentation with you in order to ensure that ACES is properly represented.

Regards,

Salim

On 11-01-25 10:31 PM, neil.mcpherson@xxxxxx wrote:

Hey ACES:

First off, let me welcome our new addition to ACES, Laura Pittman. She is the new Professional Development Director for NFLD. Laura was also part of the CFES Congress 2011 Planning Committee.

Salim:

Can you add Laura to the ACES Free list?

Mike:

Same question for the ACES exec e-mail?

I've pushed the meeting date to the day before the AEC. Here are the agenda items for the meeting:

    * AEC (rules, regulations, eligibility, etc)
    * CEC (mixed teams, rules, etc)
    * ACES sponsorship
    * Finances
    * Friesens debt
    * CU & Friesens Contract
    * ACES Newsletter
    * ACES Constitution and Policy Manual

Just a reminder that the teleconference will be done using gmail video chat so if you don't have a gmail account, get one set up before then and then send your account info to Mike. If you can't make the meeting, be sure to let us know in advance and send your comments and/or concerns via e-mail on the items mentioned above.

Natalie:

I CC'd you on this as you are welcome to attend our teleconference as the AEC chair if you are available.

I would like us to publish at least one newsletter for ACES. I thought I would get the ball rolling by doing up a summary of CFES Congress. I've attached what I've drafted up so far. Please have a look and let me know if you can add to it. Some of you probably attended some sessions and workshops that I did not.

I conducted a school visit at Universite de Moncton on Jan 19^th . It seems that everything is good to go for the AEC. I also noted some suggestions they had to help next year's AEC steering committee. I will be attending the AEC as an observer for ACES. That's all for now.

Neil McPherson

President

Atlantic Council of Engineering Students (ACES)

http://www.aces-caeeg.com/home