[aces-caeeg-board] Fwd: AEC Competition Team Submission Deadline

  • From: Neil McPherson <NL516205@xxxxxx>
  • To: cag.aec.2011@xxxxxxxxx, enc2169@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 18:16:29 -0400

Good Day AEC Committee:

I apologize for waiting to respond to this but I've been busy trying to sort out some of the finances and bank accounts for ACES. I would like to emphasize what Michael Marchand's request below regarding the deadline for the AEC registration. Some of the problems with the Thursday Jan 6th deadline are as follows:

It gives little to no time for CO-OP students that are returning for the winter term to get involved or prepare. Some of the Student Society Presidents and Vice Presidents from the Atlantic Schools are at Congress in St John's from Jan 2nd to the 8th including myself.

There was a Atlantic regional meeting this morning for all the schools at CFES Congress that belong to ACES. I asked everyone what their thoughts were on the AEC registration deadline and the consensus was to ask the AEC to push the deadline one week,

I looked through some e-mails and found the deadline for last year's AEC was Jan 15th, which was most likely set up to allow for maximum participation. I am requesting that you move the deadline to Thursday Jan 14th. I realize that this might create some logistical problems but I'm willing to work with the AEC Committee to make it happen. If there is anything I can do to assist with this, let me know.

Please respond ASAP.

Neil McPherson
President 2010-2011
ACES (Atlantic Council of Engineering Students)
http://www.aces-caeeg.com/

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michael Marchand <mc465924@xxxxxx>
Date: December 27, 2010 8:24:27 PM AST
To: cag.aec.2011@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: dseus@xxxxxx
Subject: AEC Competition Team Submission Deadline

Hello AEC Committee,

I was wondering if Dalhousie University team submissions for the Atlantic Engineering Competition could be moved ahead from January 6th to a later date, possibly January 14th? Most of our students in the fall term go away for co-op or will not be around for the competition due to co-op employment during the winter term. In addition, since our school will be starting the winter term on the 5th of January and the majority of society vice presidents will be away at the Canadian Federation of Engineering Students Annual Congress, there is little chance that we would be able to submit teams in that short period of time.

Regards,
Michael Marchand
Dalhousie University
Mechanical Engineering Student
Sexton Engineering Undergraduate Society
President - Winter 2011

Hello,

This year, the Atlantic Engineering Competition will be held during the 4th,5th and 6th of Febuary 2011 at the Université de Moncton. We would like to invite you to visit our website at www.aec-cag2011.com . The categories of the competition are: senior Design, junior Design, consulting engineering, innovative design, extemporaneous Debate and engineering communication.

You will find attached the registration form. If the registration form and cheque are mailed and sent before December 15, registration fees are $ 150 per person. After, the registration fees are $ 200 per person. The deadline to send the form with a cheque is January 6, 2011.

The registration fees include meals and accommodation during your stay in Moncton for the competition.

If you have any questions, please send us an email at cag.aec.2011@xxxxxxxxx .

Kimy Ann Mallet

VP Communications

AEC CAG 2011