[aces-caeeg-board] Dal Society Amalgamation

  • From: Neil McPherson <NL516205@xxxxxx>
  • To: dseus@xxxxxx, engineer@xxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:55:56 -0300

Good Day Everyone:

I just wanted to send a a heads up that since both of Dal's societies have amalgamated, the membership for both ACES and CFES will most likely change. I can't speak for CFES, but I can speak for ACES in that Dal will only be given one vote at the next AGM. This also means that the one society, the newly formed DUES, will be responsible for paying membership fees for all your members (17 Cents / engineering student). If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail. The ACES executive will be meeting online in a couple of weeks to discuss this change.

I also wanted to remind you that the AEC for 2012 will be hosted at Dal according to the school rotation for hosting AEC. That being said, it would be best if a chair for AEC was chosen or appointed ASAP and a committee elected/appointed to get started on fund raising/ planning for the AEC. I would like to suggest a due date by the end of June for appointing a chair and a committee. Let me know if you need some assistance with this. I will be at Dal for the summer finishing off my 3rd year.

Neil McPherson
President 2010-2011
ACES (Atlantic Council of Engineering Students)
http://www.aces-caeeg.com/