[aces-caeeg-board] ACES Handbooks

  • From: neil.mcpherson@xxxxxx
  • To: pemberton.cyrus@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 01:36:02 -0300

Good Day Dr. Cyrus:

As we previously discussed in your office, I would like to ask for financial
assistance from the Dean's office to send out the ACES Handbooks to the
member schools that attended the ACES AGM at Sexton campus on the weekend of
October 15th to the 17th.  If you recall, there was a scheduled power outage
for Sunday morning, Oct 17th, until 2pm.  The scheduled power outage was not
communicated with DSEUS or with many of the students at Sexton Campus.  The
doors were locked to the entire campus, which prevented us from giving out
the handbooks to the member schools to take with them.  Here is a list of
the schools that attended and a quote for sending out the handbooks to the
schools we can't personally deliver the handbooks to:

Number of

Total weight

Purolator

Number of

Boxes

(25lbs/box)

Total Cost

Shipping

Handbooks

(52 HB/box)

Rounded

Rounded up

Quote: Nov 3rd

MUN A

181

3.480769231

4

100

for both MUN A&B

MUN B

389

7.480769231

8

200

334.64

UNB

514

9.884615385

10

250

274.16

Total:

1084

20.84615385

22

550

608.8

As you can see, this quote falls well under the cap you had mentioned, and
it's the cheapest one I could find in comparison with Canada Post and UPS.
Sorry it took so long for me to put this together, but it's midterm season
and it's not done for me yet.  Please advise soonest if this quote meets
your approval so I can start getting sending out these handbooks as the
schools have been asking me about them for the last 2 weeks.

Neil McPherson

VP OutReach Fall 2010

Dalhousie Sexton Engineering Undergraduate Society

President

Atlantic Council of Engineering Students