[accweb] Re: just a test

  • From: Shelly Wier <swier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accweb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:46:30 -0600

I see you're working on Sunday as well.  (Don't we have better things to do?)

I'm here working on web stuff. Since I won't be able to attend the 2nd day of training on Weds. I wanted to practice a little so I'd at least know what questions to send, but I think I'll just post my questions here as they come up. Here's what I'm wondering so far . . .

How bound or constricted by copyright law are we when it comes to including links to other websites on a webpage? Do you have to obtain permission first?

What do you recommend or what is considered most user-friendly when it comes to number of "clicks"/pages when navigating a site vs. scrolling down a long page full of text? (Navigation depth? vs. Ideal page length?)

Is there a way to track page usage? Can I set up a non-password "sign in" page?

Is the back button the best way for people to navigate multiple pages? What are the alternatives?

I'm sure I'll have questions about creating PDF files, but I haven't gotten to that yet.

Shelly

At 03:03 PM 2/19/2006, you wrote:
Well, welcome aboard the ACCWeb listserv.  Feel free
to start using it to ask questions, pass along tips,
and other things that pertain to the accweb group.
All that I ask is that this listserv be used for the
topic and group intended for, as in for discussion
that will further everyones understanding and skills
of being a webmaster for their site.

And you are welcome!

Bill Beavers Director of Technology Vilonia School District beaversb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://vilonia.k12.ar.us

http://mail.yahoo.com