[accweb] Re: ACC Web Problems

  • From: "Rose Merry Kirkpatrick (ADE)" <rkirkpatrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accweb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:04:34 -0600

Bill,

Great to hear from you!  Susie said you were really swamped. I'm glad
you have a little time to help us.

The original plan was to move the ACE Network pages from the ASERC site
to the State Programs site.  We weren't sure how to do this and you had
suggested that we take a copy of the pages from our back-up , put the
copy on the State Programs page, and then delete the ones from ASERC.

On the last week that Ami was here, we revised some of the entries on
the back-up copy of the ACE Network pages and inserted them into the
State Programs site.  Ami created an ACE Network button on the State
Programs' site linking it to the revised pages.  When we went into the
ASERC site to delete the pages we could not get the ASERC password to
work.  As a result, we had ACE Network pages on both sites.  The revised
pages were located on the State Programs' site.

While I was trying to find someone to help with the ASERC password
problem suddenly the State Programs' site's buttons started
malfunctioning.  The ACE Network button wasn't even showing up.  Someone
wanted to check-out a video from the ACE Network video library page so I
directed them to the ASERC ACE Network pages since they were still on
the web.  When the person tried it they were unsuccessful because this
page no longer functioned.

So what we need is for the revised ACE Network pages that are located in
folders for the State Programs page to be accessible from this location.
At the same time, we need to make sure that the ACE Network video
library page form is working.  Afterwards, we want the old ACE Network
pages deleted from the ASERC site.

One of our school sites said they got a report back after trying to
access the ACE Network pages at the ASERC site stating that there may be
viruses attached.  I don't know if this is related to the problems we
are experiencing or not.

As always your help is appreciated!!!

Rose Merry