[accessiblelinux]

  • From: Rusty Perez <rustys.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:35:54 -0700

Dear members,
I am a brand new baby linux user.

My friend loaded ubuntu 12.10 on to a dualcore 64 bit machine running
at 3.2 mhz with 3 gb of ram.
I have several questions:
First, it talks, but I haven't explored too much. Is ubuntu 12.10
accessible enough? I've heard that unity is not very accessible. What
does that mean? What can't I do with unity 3d?

Now, if ubuntu 12.10 isn't so good, is there a way to go back to
ubuntu 12.04 or across to Sonar 12.10 without having to wipe my drive?
Or, at least a way to not have to update kurnel. The reason is that my
friend had to put in some proprietary drivers for  my video card and
some other stuff, and I don't want to have to deal with that.

thanks so much! I'm sure I'll have boatloads of questions. :-)

Rusty
Tips and tricks to make Linux work for you are at:
http://www.stormdragon.us/
To post messages to the list send mail to:
accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Change your subscription or the way you receive mail at:
//www.freelists.org/list/accessiblelinux
The List's archives are located at:
//www.freelists.org/archive/accessiblelinux
Learn the Linux command line: