[accessiblelinux] fedora 10 and orca

  • From: "al Sten-Clanton" <Albert.E.Sten_Clanton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 21:40:34 -0400

First, anybody in the know tell me if this is the wrong list for my
question.  My memory is that it's a list for General Linux questions, at
least concerning accessibility matters.

I've been using Fedora 10.  I had Orca working with it before, mostly
version 2.24.4 installed from source,  I had to reinstall Fedora, twice, in
fact, and in neither instance have I gotten Orca to work again.

In all instances, I've removed the pulseaudio stuff.

Anybody have a notion why the same version of Orca that worked before seems
unable to work after a thorough reinstallation?  (Is there other information
I should get for dealing with this?)

Thanks to whoever can help, or who can direct me to the right list for this
question.  (I suspect it's more a Fedora question than an Orca one, but of
course am unsure of that.)

Al