[accessiblelinux] Re: customizations.py2.0 now available

  • From: "Anthony Sales" <tony.sales@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:53:08 +0100

Hi StormDragon,

I will be upgrading to the latest version of your customisations script in
the next release of Vinux (1.5), but i wanted to ask if you can solve the
following problem. We have added boot prompt cheat codes for USB and Serial
Braille Displays using the correct language tables etc. However I also want
users to be able to start Orca in their own language etc. I can get the
language to display correctly by setting e.g. the locale=fr and lang=fr which
means Orca reads out the french text, but in an English accent and the
keyboard is still UK qwerty layout. Do you know how to tell Orca what
language to use by typing something at the boot prompt e.g. Orca=fr or
something like this, and similarly I cannot get the default keyboard layout
to change until booted. With Brltty we simply pass the model and language
table at the boot prompt and it works. I am sure there must be a way to do
this but no-one on the Orca list can help it seems.
Also if you come up with any new customisations you want to test, send then
this way and I will incorporate them into Vinux.

drbongo