[accessiblelinux] Send to Rockbox Alpha

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Accessible Linux <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Vinux Development <vinux-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 21:34:41 -0400

Hi,
So apparently I was sleepy last night lol. Here's the very first version
for anyone who is interested in testing and giving feedback. Save the
file to:
~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/Send to Rockbox
Edit the file and change the line
playerPath="$HOME/temp"
to the path of your Rockbox enabled MP3 player. I hope to improve this
in the near future. Read through the file and set the prefered voice and
trimVoice variables to your liking. The trimVoice can be used to cut off
bits of audio at the beginning like the track numbers if you don't want
them. When you select music in the music folder, right click or press
shift+f10 to get the context menu, select scripts, and finally Send to
Rockbox. I still need someone to run it with -i or --install-sox to make
sure it works. It did work on my system, but be careful of course.
Send to Rockbox can:
Copy music that is selected to the Music Player
create the .talk file that will speak the name of the music files
Needed improvements:
Needs to be made recursive on both sides: /Music/subfolder won't work at
the moment, so make sure not to select anything but files.
If you want music saved to a subfolder on your  mp3 player change the
playerPath variable to /media/playername/subfolder
It does not ame the directories.  jThis should be easy to add once the
recursive thing is done.
Needs to generate voice files for the rest of the functions. Probably
will be -t or --talk-files.
So, what I am saying is, it's very alpha stage. test at your own risk,
but please give feedback.
thanks
Storm

--