[accessiblelinux] Please help evaluate and test a new game

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Accessible Linux <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:39:04 -0400

Hi,
I have written a small game.  Originally I had planned on just using it
to learn more about game programming, but it turns out, it is pretty
fun.  So, if anyone would like to help test this game, and also, let me
know if there is any nterest in this game, I will add it to my site,
after a littled more work is done on it.  It is open source, so feel
free to modify.  There aren't many comments explaining what is going on
in this alpha version.
Game Requirements
python2.5 or higher
pygame1.8
the only package you should really need to install is pygame, on Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install python-pygame
Being a Beavis and Butthead fan isn't a requirement, but it sure doesn't
hurt.
To play it, download the file from:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/z68jhj
unzip the file, monkey.zip, and in the folder, monkey, type: python
monkey.py
You will hear a monkey taunt you in the left speaker, right speaker, or
middle speaker.  If it is in the left or right, press the left or right
arrow.  If it is in the middle, press either up or down arrow.
Right now, the points scored aren't announced, but that will change in a
future release.  You get different rewards depending on how well you do.
Enjoy, and let me know if the game is worth continuing developement on.
Also, this game is probably deserving of a T rating.
Check out the Storm Dragon blog:
                       http://www.stormdragon.us/