[accessiblelinux] Flash, to have and to hold... Or not... You decide

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Accessible Linux <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Vinux Development <vinux-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 00:36:36 -0400

Hi,
This is something I was planning to add to orca-customizations.py, but
it suddenly sprouted a GUI and changed int a full fledged script of its
own. Have you ever watched or listened to something in your browser and
wished you could save it locally? In a lot of cases you can. It's just a
matter of copying the flash file from /tmp and converting it to your
prefered format. It's lots of steps with some pretty long commands, so
why not let a script do it.
So, I would like to present... flashgrab.sh. Vinux and Ubuntu users can
install the required packages for flashgrab.sh by opening a terminal and
entering:
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg libavcodec-extra-52
After those packages have installed, change to the Desktop with the
command:
cd Desktop
Then enter the following 2 lines to get flashgrab.sh and make it
executable:
wget http://www.stormdragon.us/scripts/flashgrab.sh
chmod 700 flashgrab.sh
Now, the next time you want to keep some flash content, wait for it to
finish playing and go to the desktop and double click or press enter on
flashgrab.sh. For people who have some vision there is a progress bar.
It doesn't really do any thing for us fully blind folks, but the window
autocloses when it is complete, so when it stops showing up in alt+tab
you will know it's finished. Just remember to let it load completely
before converting and do not leave the page or close the browser until
it has completed. Lol I hope someone other than me finds this useful.
Thanks
Storm

--
Registered Linux user number 508465: