accessible-iOS This Is Weird

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 09:50:40 -0700

Hello all I stumbled across some directions for changing the voice
making it premium, and followed the steps to do so however I've run into
a problem. I wanted to have Irish English Moira as my premium voice but
somehow it didn't work...instead I got stuck with Daniel the British butler.
Any thoughts on this? If there is no work-around, then I'll either stick
with Samantha, Karen or Daniel assuming that it won't work with Tessa
South Africa nor Moira English Ireland.
Here is what I did noting I had Wifi on and connected and plugged in the
IPod Touch once I pressed done. Also note the roter for changing
languages only has one premium voice. Currently I have Daniel but also
like the Irish voice wish I could change that one to premium, but it is
not working for me. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?
1. Go into your settings app.
2. double tap general.
3. Double tap the international button.
4. Double tap language and change your language to British English.
5. Double tap region format and change it to Ireland.
6. double tap Voice Control and change that to English English UK.
7. Plug your IOS device in to AC Power and wait for the new voice to load.

It didn't work for me so if this is not possible for the South African
and Irish English voices, let me know and I'll switch it to Australian
Karen or leave it to Daniel in the UK or switch back to Samantha who
sounds like she is speaking with a stuffy nose and had too many
cigarettes in my opinion.
-- -- Teachers have a sacred task: It is to give children the skills to
understand the world and an expectation that the world is a trustworthy
place; that it is full of light, and love, and music and that each
student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and the chance to
play their own song. And, as much of these expectations are transmitted
non-verbally—and in Chela’s case--out of sight…it is the voice and touch
of a Teacher that sheds light on what the world can be. Academics—and no
one will ever change my mind on this—take a distant second place. —Dr.
Bil Hawkins -- Chela Robles a Nationally Certified person in Customer
Service, certified by the National Retail Federation Foundation (NRF):
http://www.nrffoundation.com/ E-mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx Windows Live
Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx Skype: jazzytrumpet I volunteer for
Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with us,visit:
http://www.bookshare.org/ Need more space, come join dropbox and start
with two gigs of free space and 500 Megabytes as is this is my referral
link to you: http://db.tt/XpUTe0E --