accessible-iOS Re: question about IOS 7 developer program

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:08:26 -0400

You certainly can. It costs $99 per year, and they make no promises about
features working. Betas often take up more battery, cause apps not updated for
them to crash or do other odd things, don't support features you rely on, and
so forth. In fact, I remember one beta of iOS6 that managed to kill Voiceover
completely. So yes, you can join just to test it, but be sure to not put beta
iOS versions on your main device or you might run into problems.
On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Juliette <jmswiler@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know if anyone can answer this question or not. If not, could someone
> please redirect me to where I can get the information?  I was thinking of
> joining the developer program for IOS last night, but I didn't know if we can
> just join the program strictly to test IOS 7 with VoiceOver.  In other words,
> if I'm not actually developing an app, I was unsure if we could still join
> the program just to beta test IOS 7.  I appreciate all your help in advance.
> Thanks.
> Juliette

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)