accessible-iOS Re: phone, ipad or mini

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:20:24 -0400

There are really no advantages to an iPad, full-sized or Mini. Some apps may be
more convenient to use, but then some apps can be harder to use. All iOS
devices after 2010 include Voiceover, so you will get the same level of
accessibility across all Apple products nowadays. Personally, I am happy with
my iPhone and see no reason whatsoever to switch. Now, if you are a low-vision
user, that's a different story and the larger screen would be an advantage in a
few different areas. If you only use Voiceover, though, I see no reason to
spend the money on the iPad; save it for the next iPhone instead.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx