accessible-iOS Re: iPhone 5 questions

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 13:27:17 -0400

What others have said is true (touch the status bar and then use three
fingers). There is another way, and it is rather tricky. If you touch the
bottom center of the screen, just above the home button, and leave your finger
there, you will here two rising tones, like the first two tones you hear when
you double tap and hold. Once you hear those two tones, move your finger
straight up and hte Control Center should open. It takes practice, but it is
definitely doable. Likewise, to open the Notification Center, touch at the top
center of the screen and wait for the tones, then drag your finger down. Note
that these gestures use one finger, not three.
On Oct 17, 2013, at 12:39 PM, Cindy Handel <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wanted to disable air drop on my iPhone 5.  So, I tried to swipe up from
> the bottom of the screen, with three fingers, to open the control center.
> But, nothing happens.  Likewise, when I try to swipe down with three fingers
> to open the notification center, nothing happens.  When I open settings and
> control center, there are only two lines; one to allow it to be opened from a
> lock screen and the other to allow it to be opened from within apps. These
> are both on.  But, I can't seem to open it at all and I don't see any other
> content in control center.  Any ideas what I should do?
>
> Cindy
> Trust in the LORD with all your heart
> and lean not on your own understanding;
> in all your ways submit to him,