accessible-iOS Re: iPhone 4s and face detection

  • From: Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 21:07:28 +0100

It's automatic. No setting to control it.

On 25/09/2013 20:43, jessica brown wrote:
Hmm. My iPod and iPhone have never done this and I do not see any
settings for it.

From: Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx
To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 20:21:57 +0100

It's a feature in the camera app. Not sure if this is a VoiceOver thing
but anyway it can detect and announce faces in the vicinity, how large
it is and in what direction. I know this from reading and is not my own
experience, see original thread on that.

On 25/09/2013 20:18, jessica brown wrote:
What's face detection and what's it used for?