accessible-iOS Re: iOS 7, thoughts?

  • From: Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:09:10 +0100

Ar it is ok, least I have another option if I cannot get the 4s due to it being out of stock.

On 25/09/2013 21:59, Ricardo Walker wrote:
Hi,

Yup.  I just wanted to bring this to your attention.  Of course, you should
always do what best suits your needs.  I hope I didn’t come off as pushy in my
posts.

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Sep 25, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ar brilliant, well I have choice anyway.

On 25/09/2013 20:34, Ricardo Walker wrote:
Hi,

The 5c is about the same thickness of the iPhone 4 or 4S.  As far as the iPhone
5 goes, I’ve never ran across someone who thought it was ugly but, that’s a
pretty subjective thing.  I of course don’t know the extent of your motor
difficulties but, the dimensions are not much different between the 4S and 5,
5c, and 5s.  They are a bit longer, like less than an inch, they are a couple
mm thiner, and the width is exactly the same.  I would be a little surprised if
you found any of these phones harder to handle than a 4 or 4S though.  And you
could also buy a case to add heft or, better grip to your phone in any event.

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Sep 25, 2013, at 3:18 PM, Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's true. Well I don't know but I have heard and I don't know if it's true
but the 5 and later look horrible and is thinner in size. And what with my
co-ordination difficulties I could easily drop the thing. But I don't know it's
just what I heard and haven't played with one.

On 25/09/2013 19:20, Ricardo Walker wrote:
Hello,

I’m just curious, why get an iPhone 4s when you can get an iPhone 5c for very
little money?  This time next year, if you get an iPhone 4s, you will be in the
same position running the latest OS on an extremely sluggish device with
Voiceover.  To me, I would think the $100 would be a good investment if it
insured I wouldn’t have to worry about how my phone handles next years update.

JMO.

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Sep 25, 2013, at 5:51 AM, Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So it's a week since iOS 7 was released to the public. What are your thoughts
so far? As for me it's very good and I like the new features, such as Control
Centre. However, while it is very usable on my iPhone 4, it is sluggish, at
least from a VoiceOver user's standpoint. But I know it's going to run just
fine on my upcoming iPhone 4s.
All comments welcome.

.

.