accessible-iOS Re: iOS 7, thoughts?

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:13:05 -0400

Hi,

Its a little different.  Here goes the breakdown.  Remember, the home screen in
IOS is broken up into 3 sections.  Status bar on top where the time is, the
actual home screen where apps and folders are displayed a long with the page
chooser in the middle taking up most of the screen, and the dock at the bottom
where you have your most often used apps or folders.  To open the notifications
center, you touch the status bar first, which is on the top of your device
where time, battery status, etc is shown.  Then do a 3 finger swipe down.  This
is the same process that was in IOS 6.  To open control center you again touch
the status bar but you do a 3 finger swipe up.  There is also a short cut to
get to the control center.  With 1 finger, touch anywhere on the dock on the
bottom of the screen.  Keep your finger held down and you will here a triple
tone similar to when you do a double tap and hold to delete or remove an app.
Where you hear this, just swipe up with that single finger.  But, this doesn’t
work consistently like the first method I described.  Lastly you have the
spotlight search page.  To get to this, Voiceover focus needs to be on the home
screen.  Not in the dock on the bottom, or the status bar at the top but, the
actual area where your apps are displayed.  From here, do a 3 finger swipe down.

hth

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter:@apple2thecore