accessible-iOS Re: handwriting

  • From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:43:54 -0500

I'd suggest checking out the article http://www.fedoraoutlier.com/handwriting-in-ios-7-2/ to learn more about the feature. I've heard it's also been addressed on several podcasts as well.

Basically, you can draw the shape of a letter to input it as opposed to other text input methods, such as a virtual keyboard or a bluetooth keyboard. You can also use it to search for an object on a page.

On 09/19/2013 12:08 PM, christopher nusbaum wrote:
Could someone explain what exactly the "handwriting" feature does? I
appologize if this has been explained before.

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2013, at 12:23 PM, Tiffany Manosh <tmanosh@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tmanosh@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hello,

When you are in a text field and you use the roter to change to
handwritting do a 3 finger swipe down this will change to Upper case.

HTH,
Tiffany Manosh

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Mark Conquer
<sparkeymarky1979@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:sparkeymarky1979@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Gordan

    I manage to find the handwriting feature, unsure how to do upper
    case with it but it is all interesting! :)

    mark

    Sent from my iPhone

    <mailto:razbijaci@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    > I wouldn't know for iPhone 4 but it shows in my 4S.
    > However, I needed to enable it in the rotor because it wasn't
    enabled by default.
    > I tried it a bit and I'd say it's prety much buggy and it
    crashed my Voice Over a few times than I gave up on it for now.

    <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx <mailto:ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>>
    wrote:

    >>> Hi Olga.
    >>>
    >>> You can enable handwriting support either from within the
    voice over settings or or you can add it to the rotor.

    >>> All the best, Ibrahim.
    >>>
    >>> -----Original Message----- From: olga Petrovic
    >>> Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:24 AM
    >>> To: IOS
    >>> Subject: accessible-iOS handwriting
    >>>
    >>> hi people,i'm interested to know how the handwriting is
    working? how i can activate it?i have listened to Ricardo's
    podcast, but now i cannot remember.any help will be greatly
    appreciated
    >>> thanks a lot,
    >>> Olga
    >>>

    >>> Typed with BrailleTouch
    >>>

    >>> Sent from my iPhone With questions, concerns or issues not
    related to the topics discussed on list please email the list
    admin to: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx>, or on skype at betoa221, or on
    twitter: betoa221

    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with subscribe on
    the subject line.

    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    the subject line.

    >>> With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics
    discussed on list please email the list admin to:
    beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx>, or on
    skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with subscribe on
    the subject line.

    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    the subject line.

    >> With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics
    discussed on list please email the list admin to:
    beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx>, or on
    skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with subscribe on
    the subject line.

    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    the subject line.

    > With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics
    discussed on list please email the list admin to:
    beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx>, or on
    skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

    > To subscribe to the list send message to
    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with subscribe on
    the subject line.

    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    the subject line.

    With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics
    discussed on list please email the list admin to:
    beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx>, or on
    skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with subscribe on
    the subject line.

    accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx