accessible-iOS Re: bluetooth speakers vs. docks

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 15:31:49 -0700

Hey Alice, sorry for another email regarding this but I found something that you might like when I was playing 1000 miles with a bot on RSGames periodically advertisements will pop up and this one did and I thought I'd share it with you.

All new Bluetooth speaker from SpeedDots!
This durable, small cube can fill a room with sound for up to 12 hours!!
Connect to any device via Bluetooth, or line in!
Control media playback with easily located buttons.
Read the accessible manual, or listen to the audio demo here!
http://www.speeddots.com/shop/shop_beatbox.php
Use coupon code RSGames at checkout to save.

--
Teachers have a sacred task:
It is to give children the skills to understand the world and an expectation
that the world is a trustworthy place; that it is full of light, and love, and
music and that each student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and
the chance to play their own song.
And, as much of these expectations are transmitted non-verbally—and in Chela’s
case--out of sight…it is the voice and touch of a Teacher that sheds light on
what the world can be.
Academics—and no one will ever change my mind on this—take a distant second
place. —Dr. Bil Hawkins
--
Chela Robles a Nationally Certified person in Customer Service, certified by
the National Retail Federation Foundation (NRF): http://www.nrffoundation.com/

On 6/29/2013 2:42 PM, Alice Dampman Humel wrote:
HI, all,
So I went to Target today (the only store within walking distance that sells any electronics at all) and came out none the wiser!

Am i correct in thinking that the dock charges your phone while you're listening to it in the dock? Some of them have radios, one even has a CD player, some are really cheap pieces of plastic junk it seems to me. Now the bluetooth speakers…is bluetooth the same as wireless? I'm assuming the phone connects to the bluetooth speaker even if you're not connected to a wireless network?
But if you're in your house, you can use the wifi, right?
I saw one bluetooth (I think) speaker I really liked, the jambox. They have a Big jambox for $299, a little pricey for me, but quite frankly, I liked the small one on which there was no price. The advertising said, oh you'll like the big jambox so much better, but I played them both, and I liked the smaller one just fine. I think David Woodbridge, the Australian guy who has done so many tutorials on the Mac uses one for his demos.
So, anybody have any opinions about this speaker?
I assume you just leave your phone plugged in to the charger while you're home, right? And I think the jambox has battery backup in case you want to go outside or something… I'll also check on Amazon and see what kind of comments are there…but I'd also like to hear from you all! I'll let you know if I find out anything interesting…
Alice