accessible-iOS Re: Where do Amazon mp3's go

  • From: "Alan Lemly" <walemly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:56:55 -0500

Rusty, I might not have this exactly right but I don't believe you can
download your Amazon mp3 purchases directly to your iDevice. You can
certainly play them from their location on the Amazon cloud server on your
device but I didn't think you could download them directly to your device
through Amazon. Hopefully, someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I use my computer to get all my songs from Amazon and have the download
folder set to iTunes Media\Music in the Amazon mp3 downloader program
settings so that all tracks downloaded are automatically added to my iTunes
library. I then go into iTunes to include the tracks in the appropriate
playlists which I use to manually control which songs get synced with my
iPhone. I'm sure this is just one way of many to manage one's music but it
works for me.

I'm not sure how to correct your downloaded songs going into the cloud
instead of to your computer. I thought all music purchased from Amazon
automatically went into their cloud and that you also could download them to
your computer at purchase. I'm pretty sure you can go into your Amazon
account on your computer at their website, select digital purchases, and
review everything that's in the cloud and then download the ones you want to
your computer where you can transfer them to the desired devices.

Alan Lemly