accessible-iOS Re: Warning about Voice Dream Reader and iOS7

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:52:24 -0400

Apps use special protocols to talk to iOS, for everything from displaying a
button the screen to speaking to asking for gps locations to playing media, and
pretty much everything you can think of that an app might have to do. With
major iOS updates, like the one coming out in a couple days, Apple sometimes
changes these protocols to make them better, more streamlined, or compatible
with new hardware and software features offered in iOS or new Apple products.
Any app that relies on a protocol that gets changed will, of course, not work
with the new protocol until the developer changes the app's code to match the
new protocols. VDR uses some things that iOS7 will change, and so will need to
be updated to be in line with what iOS7 requires. I hope that made sense.