accessible-iOS Re: VO sounds

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 18:48:34 -0400

Yes, that's right. Now VO sounds are always on regardless of mute status or
speech status; you must disable them in settings or in the rotor if you added
the sounds option to your rotor. As I said, a simple fix would be a setting to
mute sounds either on command (as it is in iOS7), when the phone is muted, when
speech is muted, or when the phone and speech are muted. That way everyone's
happy. Now, as I am very well aware will happen, someone can tell me why that
will not make everyone happy. <smile>