accessible-iOS Re: Prizmo help, please

  • From: Juaanita Marttin <jordmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:44:03 -0500

Under settings, make sure that the  detect text orientation  switch is on.  It
also helps to have good lighting.  The key is to hold the phone with a steady
hand.  This may seem awkward, but here's how I hold the phone:
I place my left elbow on the table with my fingers facing up so that the
phone is balanced on my thumb.  This ensures that the camera is at least 6 to 8
inches from the reading material.  Once I double tap on quick capture, I
position the page under the camera until I hear the speech say something like
up, up  left, or something like that.  Then I take the picture and hope for the
best.