accessible-iOS Re: Now I'm confused! Braille Touch or MBraille?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 13:33:44 -0400

BrailleTouch was the first true braille app for iOS and everyone was excited
about it. It only supported grade 1, but the developer promised many updates,
including custom braille tables, grade 2, other languages, and plenty more...
Then he (the dev) disappeared and the app has remained untouched, a testament
to wasted money for everyone who was foolish enough to buy it.

MBraille came out a few months later. It has grade 2, many languages, editing
capabilities (reveiwing text, copying, cutting, and pasting), and dot commands.
So, instead of writing your text and bringing up a menu, you can just go to a
new line, type a period, a command, any text for the command, and off it goes.
For instance, I might type:

Don't gorget to pick up milk on your way home.
.sms jane

and the app opens a text message window with my message addressed to Jane,
ready to be sent. Other commands are for Facebook, Twitter, Blindsquare,
Drafts, mail, Calendar, phone calls, Skype, and more. MBraille is ten dollars
more than BrailleTouch, but well worth it I think. Even the free version lets
you tweet and text, plus you can manually copy your text to paste it into other
places in iOS. The paid version will copy the text for you when you close the
app, so you need only switch back to what you were doing and paste.
On Sep 29, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> HI guys
> Now I'm totally confused! I just checked on my Phone and I've got
> BrailleTouch. Which is the better one MBraille or BrailleTouch? What's the
> advantage for each one? Which is the one you guys are talking about that
> hasn't been updated?
>
> --
> Enviado desde mi lap
> Gerardo J Corripio Flores Psicólogo, Terapéuta Reiki
> Saludos desde Tampico, Tamaulipas México
> RompiendoBarreras espacio de psicología/Superación Personal Sábados 10PM
> México http://radiogeneral.com ¡los esperamos!

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx