accessible-iOS Re: Keynote so far

  • From: Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 07:57:01 -0500

OK and for people who don't have use of their hands? What method beinbg being used for touch identification? Just wondering, thus if you have an Iphone and don't have hands or can't use them?

El 11/09/2013 02:11 a.m., Ricardo Walker escribió:
Hi Ibrahim,

I think your giving touch ID to little credit.  I admit, it doesn’t have that
instant wow! factor that Siri did.  Your not going to be demonstrating touch ID
to all your family and friends for a week after you get the phone like Siri.
haha.  But, I bet more people will use touch ID more frequently than they will
use Siri.  And I would be shocked if in the months to come, maybe a year at
most, if we don’t see touch ID used for authentication for mobile purchases in
stores and such.  Maybe even getting into ones car.  There are a dozen
different uses I can think of off the top of my head for Touch ID.

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Sep 10, 2013, at 11:42 PM, Ibrahim Gucukoglu<ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Ricardo.

I'd like to contest your opinion here a little, when the iPhone 4S was
launched, we all knew that it would be a revamped version of the iPhone 4. What
we weren't expecting and which has made a huge difference to the way we use our
devices was Siri which was the wow factor and which was exclusively available
on the IPhone 4S, you could say the main differential and reason to buy the 4S.
 I don't know about you, but I use Siri all the time for everything from making
appointments and setting reminders to finding out the time zones in different
countries, solving mathematical problems, getting currency conversions, the
list goes on.  The IPhone 5 and 5S phones have been disappointing feature wise
as they have added nothing new to the feature set of the operating system, they
have just built in the new hardware such as faster processor etc.  The best way
for Apple to lure customers in to buying a new phone as we all found out with
the 4S was to introduce something revolutionary, something unique that everyone
would find useful.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Ricardo Walker
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:04 AM
To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: accessible-iOS Re: Keynote so far

Hi,

I don’t think the phones are bad.  If someone expected more, I don’t think
they’ve been paying attention to what Apple has been doing the last 6 years.
For example, what is the difference between the 4 and 4S except Siri, and a
better camera?  And the difference between the 5 and 5S is touch ID, and a
better camera.  And in both cases, the mandatory bump in processor power.
Essentially, if you have an iPhone 5, I don’t think Apple cared either way what
you thought of the 5S.  Reason being?  Everyone who bought an iPhone 5 is not
eligible for an upgrade yet, and most likely won’t be for a while. So it’s
customers that Apple wouldn’t have had in the first place.

And the 5C?  I think that’s brilliant.  Your taking what would be a discounted
iPhone 5, and putting it in a new body to make it look new, instead of just
last years phone at a low price.  Sure, you and I might know its the an iPhone
5 in different clothes but, the majority of phone buyers will not make this
distinction.

jmo.

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Sep 10, 2013, at 3:27 PM, Chela Robles<cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Wow, glad I have IPod Touch 5 then and my old Samsung SGHI-637 Jack from AT&T
with Mobile Speak on it though buggy it is sometime, the screenreader that is.
Can't wait until IOS 7 comes out and am greatly looking forward to it, let the
countdown begin tomorrow until the 18th,
Cheers!

--
Teachers have a sacred task:
It is to give children the skills to understand the world and an expectation
that the world is a trustworthy place; that it is full of light, and love, and
music and that each student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and
the chance to play their own song.
And, as much of these expectations are transmitted non-verbally—and in Chela’s
case--out of sight…it is the voice and touch of a Teacher that sheds light on
what the world can be.
Academics—and no one will ever change my mind on this—take a distant second
place. —Dr. Bil Hawkins
--
Chela Robles a Nationally Certified person in Customer Service, certified by
the National Retail Federation Foundation (NRF): http://www.nrffoundation.com/

On 9/10/2013 12:22 PM, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
Hi.

I couldn't decide which of the two phones was worse, the IPhone 5C or 5S. I
don't mean in specification but in terms of value for money or even worth the
headline. Anyone owning an IPhone 5 should hold off for another year, unless
your a photographer, gamer or very security conscious, the IPhone 5S isn't for
you. The IPhone 5C is essentially the IPhone 5 with a few minor tweaks, very
disappointing presentation and product line-up.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris H
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:20 PM
To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Again according to Twitter the iPhone 5 will be no more but the iPhone
4s remains as a viable alternative to the 5s or 5c.

On 10/09/2013 19:14, Chris H wrote:
According to Twitter the iPhone 5s that's 5 s is to include touch Id,
Apple's fingerprint recognition technology. This can be used to both
unlock the iPhone as well as make iTunes purchases. Also According to
Twitter iOs 7 will be available from the 18th of this month.

Enviado desde mi lap
acseso+subscribe-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Foro/lista donde tomando en cuenta las
capacidades de cada miembro, aprenderémos entretodos el uso, y sacarémos el
máximo de nuestros Iphones! Los espero!