accessible-iOS Re: I think I've figured out the deal with the enhanced voices

  • From: Shane Hecker <shanehecker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:59:40 -0500

Go into the settings, then go into general, then accessibility. Under voice over, there is something called languages and dialects. Open that up. The default for me is us english. Hit that (or whatever your default is), then look for voice quality. Under that, there will be a toggle for enhanced. Hit that toggle to turn it on. It will download the voice to your phone or whatever you are using. Then you will hear the voice you are used to.

Shane

On 9/19/2013 6:35 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:
Hi all,

So last night I noticed the difference in the voice from IOS 6 to IOS 7, and
thought I was using the compact voice.  Actually I wasn't, the voice is just a
little different.  So if you're not using the compact voice, then I guess
enhanced quality is already turned on.  Pity, I don't notice any improvement,
it's still the same old Samantha.
Cheers,
DonnaWith questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics discussed on
list please email the list admin to: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype at