accessible-iOS Re: GPS apps was seeing eye app

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 17:42:21 -0700

What is their company web site so I can take a look and save up for it.

--
Teachers have a sacred task:
It is to give children the skills to understand the world and an expectation
that the world is a trustworthy place; that it is full of light, and love, and
music and that each student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and
the chance to play their own song.
And, as much of these expectations are transmitted non-verbally—and in Chela’s
case--out of sight…it is the voice and touch of a Teacher that sheds light on
what the world can be.
Academics—and no one will ever change my mind on this—take a distant second
place. —Dr. Bil Hawkins
--
Chela Robles a Nationally Certified person in Customer Service, certified by
the National Retail Federation Foundation (NRF): http://www.nrffoundation.com/

On 7/12/2013 4:38 PM, beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
They all do.
As for navigons price it will depend on the package of maps you want.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 12, 2013, at 5:23 PM, Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How much is Navigon and its subscription?
I think it is cool that mapquest has turn by turn audible directions.

--
[...]

On 7/12/2013 3:56 PM, Beto Arreola wrote:
I would suggest all 3 of them.
The advantage navigon has is that the maps are stored with in your phone if you
loose network connectivity for any reason.
On Jul 12, 2013, at 3:42 PM, Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know how similar they are, but Apple Maps, Google Maps and MapQuest are
all free.

On 07/12/2013 04:25 PM, Chela Robles wrote:
Are there any free ones that ar similar?
Also what do you guys think of Captain GPS North America? Is that
cheaper than the ones this thread mentions?

--
[...]

On 7/12/2013 1:37 PM, Beto Arreola wrote:
Yep it is $130 for 3 years which comes out to be $43.30 per year.
  Navigon charges $40 I believe  can't remember if it is for 2 years
or 3.
The only issue with the full $130 at ones it is that is a high price
for the majority of the blind community.
I personally think about buying such expensive apps since I know I
can't really afford them.
On Jul 12, 2013, at 1:36 PM, "Denise Thompson" <deniset@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not saying either way, but just pointing out that if you do the 3
year
deal it's only a little over $40 a year instead of $70.
Denise