accessible-iOS Re: GPS Voice Guided Pedestrian Mode

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 00:49:43 +0100

Hi Alex.

Could you provide a link to GPS drive please? I'm having difficulty finding it.

All the best, Ibrahim.
-----Original Message----- From: covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2013 7:30 PM
To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: accessible-iOS Re: GPS Voice Guided Pedestrian Mode

gps drive is also nice, but it does use the internet to do its maps.  I
like it better than Navigon in a lot of situations.

Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Seeing Eye GPS is also good, and I hear Google Maps is nice for directions, though not for auto-announcing intersections or POIs. You could also use a combination of Google Maps or Apple Maps and Blindsquare, as many do, to get almost what Seeing Eye GPS does but at a much lower cost. Also, remember that Apple Maps will get walking directions with iOS7 (in a few weeks), so it will become more useful then.
On Sep 1, 2013, at 12:12 PM, Jewel <herekittykat2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I really like NAVIGON. I think it is a really useful app, and the fact > that Matt is great because it doesn't use my cellular data. Just know > that it is definitely not cheap. I think it is definitely Work it > though.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 1, 2013, at 11:41 AM, "Krysti .Power" <happypuppy102@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote:
>
>> hey all I'm looking for a good app that has voice guidance for both >> driving and walking that speaks street names and turn signals anyone >> have any good suggestions > With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics discussed > on list please email the list admin to: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx, or on > skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

> To adjust your membership options please visit: > //www.freelists.org/list/accessible-ios

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx