accessible-iOS Re: GPS

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 18:08:45 -0000

Hi Krysti.

No, I don't believe it does, Navigon is the only one I know of that does this, even still, you will need a data connection to use the public transit service.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Krysti Power
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:47 PM
To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: accessible-iOS Re: GPS

Does Tom Tom do this as well

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 26, 2014, at 10:01 AM, "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Krysti.

Unfortunately all of them use data to some degree or another, the free ones like Google and Apple maps rely completely on having a data connection, whilst you can have some functionality with Navigon and Tom-tom without. Navigon has a function called Urban Guidance which will give you turn by turn pedestrian directions and integrate public transit in to the route, so you will know how to get to your destination using the most efficient mode of transport from your location.

Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:36 PM
To: ios
Subject: accessible-iOS GPS

What's a good gps app that has voice guidance for walking speaking street names that also offers public transit that doesn't go over data any info would be great thanks
Krysti

Sent from my iPhoneWith questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics discussed on list please email the list admin to alberto.a775@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

subject line.

unsubscribe in the subject line.

To adjust your membership options please visit: //www.freelists.org/list/accessible-ios With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics discussed on list please email the list admin to alberto.a775@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221