accessible-iOS Re: G-I-D Re: Re: urgent iPod 5g situation: please readand giveyour opinions

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gold-idevice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:35:58 -0800

No I did not and even if I did I do not think it covers water damage.

From: "Drew Hunthausen" <dhunthausen@xxxxxxxxx
To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:44:05 -0800

Jessica,
Try using a hair dryer on the iPod as long as the hair dryer as a cool setting. I washed my cell phone in the washing machine once and tried to dry it out with the hair dryer and it worked. I'm not saying this will work in
all cases, I think I was lucky. Good luck

From: "Cindy Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 12:34:01 -0500
giveyour opinions

Maybe your cousin should be the one to save up for a new iPod.

Cindy

From: Josh Gregory <joshkart12@xxxxxxxxx
To: "accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date sent:
Fri, 8 Nov 2013 23:07:19 -0500
your opinions

Never, ever, ever, ever, put your iPod nearwater. Let that be a lesson, not
trying to be harsh but just saying.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 8, 2013, at 10:30 PM, jessica brown
<justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's the situation: About 2 hrs ago me and my cousin were playing a game where we took turns hiding and looking for my iPod. The game was fun until my cousin hid my iPod in a drain hole. She did not know there was water in it.. The iPod did have a Grifin Survivor case on it, but even so when I took the iPod out of the case it was soaking wet. It was in the drain hole for about 30 seconds. I dried it on my shirt, then shook it to try to get all the water out of it. It got hot for about 5 minutes, then cooled down. It will not turn on. I had her look at the screen and it is blank. I tried the home power reset and it is still blank. I put the iPod in a container of rice and put a tight lid on it. That is where I am at now. Now the questions: 1. how long should I leave it in the rice? 2. is there anything else I should do? 3. Do you think the rice will work or do you think I should start saving up for a new iPod? 4. Any other feedback or suggestions
on what to do in this situation? Thank you.
With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics discussed on list please email the list admin to alberto.a775@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype at
betoa221, or on twitter:
betoa221

accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe on the subject line.

[...]

subject line.

unsubscribe in the subject line.

To adjust your membership options please visit: //www.freelists.org/list/accessible-ios With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics discussed on list please email the list admin to alberto.a775@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

To adjust your membership options please visit: //www.freelists.org/list/accessible-ios

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gold-idevice" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gold-idevice+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. To post to this group, send email to gold-idevice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/gold-idevice.