accessible-iOS Re: Compact Voices, was: Can't download ios7

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:35:29 -0700

I figured it out by pressing the enhancement option in vo settings. You can have a few high quality voices now instead of one. I'm wondering if they are using Acapela voices for Siri. I can't tell but I think the female sounds like Heather and the male like Ryan but I could be wrong since I heard them once. I also got the book I ordered from John Mosen so I can learn what I need to learn along with the exploration tips he gives. I still don't understand the flat look but it must be visually appealing.

--
Teachers have a sacred task:
It is to give children the skills to understand the world and an expectation
that the world is a trustworthy place; that it is full of light, and love, and
music and that each student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and
the chance to play their own song.
And, as much of these expectations are transmitted non-verbally—and in Chela’s
case--out of sight…it is the voice and touch of a Teacher that sheds light on
what the world can be.
Academics—and no one will ever change my mind on this—take a distant second
place. —Dr. Bil Hawkins
--
Chela Robles a Nationally Certified person in Customer Service, certified by
the National Retail Federation Foundation (NRF): http://www.nrffoundation.com/

On 9/18/2013 1:23 PM, Gordan Radić wrote:
Hi, Chela!
In IOS 6.x.x it was at:
Settings, General, Accessibility, Voice Over and several flicks down to find "Use compact voice" or something. Hopefuly it is there in IOS 7 aswell. Cannot confirm because it didn't came in my time zone yet xD.
HTH!

S poštovanjem
Gordan Radić

On 18.9.2013. 21:44, Chela Robles wrote:
Just installed it successfully I think it is safe to say that patience
must be a virtue in this case smiles. It was worth waiting for I only
waited 15 minutes to have it downloaded then installed. Now I have to
figure out how to make it not sound compact with VO.

--
[...]

On 9/18/2013 12:34 PM, Ricardo Walker wrote:
Hi,

I really think a few hours will do.

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Sep 18, 2013, at 4:13 PM, jessica brown
<justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's because the surver is overloaded with everyone trying to get
it at the same time. Just wait a few days.