accessible-iOS Re: Calendar again...so confused!

  • From: Gordan Radić <razbijaci@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 20:44:26 +0100

And you can see todays and tomorrows calendar events in notification center.

S poštovanjem
Gordan Radić

On 28.10.2013. 19:26, Cindy Handel wrote:
Wow! Thanks for the tip about double tapping "Search".  That's a great
thing to know and much easier than looking through the dates to see when
something is scheduled.

Cindy

-----Original Message----- From: Kimber Gardner
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 3:32 AM
To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: accessible-iOS Re: Calendar again...so confused!

Cindy,

When you are in the day view of the calendar where each hour is
listed, there should be a button in the upper left of the screen
labeled with the current month. If you double tap it will take you
back to the month view where all the days of the current month are
displayed. Likewise in the month view, there is a button in the upper
left that will take to a current year view. Double tap it and you will
find yourself on a screen that lists the months in the current year.
Another thing I have found helpful, if you double tap the search
button you will get a list of your appointments. You can do a three
finger swipe up and down to scroll through the list. I find it an
easier way to see my appointments than trying to swipe through the day
view.

As for editing the details of an event, what I do is enter the event
then after the details have gone away, I go back in and edit the
details adding any other details I didn't the first time.

I hope this helps.

Kimber

On 10/27/13, Cindy Handel <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK, I'm told that I can still use the native calendar app on the
iPhone 5 as

I did before.  But, there must be something I'm missing...or maybe
more than

one thing.

Ideally, when I open the calendar, the current month is visible and I can
double tap one of the dates, double tap "add" and then enter the
information, such as title, location, and start and end times.  After
I have

all that entered, if I double tap "done", everything goes away and I
have no

way to access a screen to schedule the alert time for the newly created
event.  So, how do I do that?

Next, after trying to figure this out, I've done something to the
calendar
app so, when it's opened, I see today's date and then each hour of the
day.

How do I get back to the grid with this month's calendar and the
ability to

see if there's an event on a particular day?  Along the bottom of the
screen

is "Today", "Calendar" and "Inbox".  If I double tap "Today", I get each
hour of today listed.  If I double tap "Calendar", I get a list of
various
types of calendars...home, work, iCloud, Birthday, etc.  I don't know
which

one I'm using and don't know how to get back to the default calendar from
this screen.

It shouldn't be so difficult to keep track of events and appointments.

Cindy
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics discussed on
list please email the list admin to: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx, or on
skype
at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe on the subject line.