accessible-iOS Re: Apple is forcing us to have money

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:55:09 -0500

Hi,

I m certainly not sitting in an ivory tower.  I’m just being pragmatic.  I was
just telling you the facts of economic life.  I never said it was fair, right,
or just.  As a person who grew up watching my mother working as a waitress in a
diner for less than a livable wage, and then spend 5 days a week taking care of
rich peoples children around the clock, sacrificing time with her own kids
because it was the honest to god best she could do at the time,  I know the
value of money.  I find it funny that you, a person who has no idea of my
background, or economic status are accusing me of anything. lol. For all you
know, I could be your neighbor.    Being Jamaican, I know very well the
relative exchange rates found in the West Indies thank you very much.  But the
fact still remains. Owning an iPhone isn’t your god given right.  I would like
to live in a mansion but you know what?  I can’t afford it.  I have come to
grips with this, and have moved on.  I’m fortunate enough to afford an iPhone,
and the ecosystem that comes with it.  If I couldn’t, guess what?  I would move
on.  I would find an alternative I could afford to maintain.  So please, spare
me your circumstances.  It’s a phone.  5 years ago, none of us were using
iPhones and we managed to get by.  So I can’t make my heart bleed for those who
can’t afford to maintain an iPhone.  It’s not food, shelter, or medicine after
all.

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter:@apple2thecore