accessible-iOS Re: An Rss reader app?

  • From: Gordan Radić <razbijaci@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 00:08:38 +0100

Hi!
I was looking the same some weeks ago and I also got suggestions for Lire. It costs $5 so I didn't went for it. After googling for a while, I found Feedler RSS and I have to say, It's awesome. It has all the features you need for RSS content reading and managing. You have to be aware that it is not the classic reader in which you can add feed URLs, you need to be subscribed to services such as The old Reader (www.theoldreader.com).
The procedure goes like this:
1. Subscribe to the Old reader, it is free and it's easily done via web;
2. Add your RSS feeds to TheOldReader service;
3. Install and run Feedler RSS and log in in The Old Reader which is listed in the app. After you do that, you'll have access to all your feeds and you can set all the options as you want them. Feedler RSS comes as free app with commercial banners and as paid for $5. I use it in the free mode and it satisfies my needs. Paid version has some extra features but nothing you can't live without.
The app is fully accessible, all buttons are properly labeled.
You can choose to open articles as summary, full text or the original web page.
You can mark all items as read for every individual feed.
There's also the option to read all articles in a roll or to read feed by feed with feature to sort them newest to oldest and vice versa. It takes few minutes more to configure it because you have to register and configure online RSS service prior to using it on the phone but after you do it once you're going to love it.

S poštovanjem
Gordan Radić

On 30.10.2013. 21:19, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Hi guys
Looking for an accessible, preferible free, app for managing and work with Rss
feeds? Thanks for ideas.

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhoneWith questions, concerns or issues not related to the
topics discussed on list please email the list
admin to alberto.a775@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype at betoa221, or on twitter:
betoa221

with subscribe on the
subject line.