accessible-iOS Re: 94 Seconds?

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 14:17:24 -0700

I just sent the following message to the 94s team:
I just updated the game 94s and I'm greatly frustrated because I being totally blind expected you guys to keep the buttons labeled so Voiceover screen reader can read menus etc including the start game button and such, there are three unlabeled buttons according to voiceover when I load the updated version, which is not helpful to me...so can you tell your team to kindly fix this issue so blind and low vision people can enjoy your updated product please? Also there is a button that is displayed as a 0 and I don't know what that means and there is a top store button, also using misguided labels does not make the product satisfactory as far as accessibility is concerned.
Thanks for taking this comment for improving your game.

--
Teachers have a sacred task:
It is to give children the skills to understand the world and an expectation
that the world is a trustworthy place; that it is full of light, and love, and
music and that each student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and
the chance to play their own song.
And, as much of these expectations are transmitted non-verbally---and in
Chela's case--out of sight...it is the voice and touch of a Teacher that sheds
light on what the world can be.
Academics---and no one will ever change my mind on this---take a distant second
place. ---Dr. Bil Hawkins
--
Chela Robles a Nationally Certified person in Customer Service, certified by
the National Retail Federation Foundation (NRF): http://www.nrffoundation.com/

On 7/1/2013 12:45 PM, Terra Syslo wrote:
Message

I just see four unlabeled buttons, an options button in the latest update. Any idea where the play button is?

Yes there should be a play or start game button.

--
E-mail:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx  <mailto:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
Windows Live Messenger:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx  <mailto:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Skype: jazzytrumpet
I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with
us,visit:http://www.bookshare.org/
Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space and
500 Megabytes as is this is my referral link to you:http://db.tt/XpUTe0E
--

On 7/1/2013 10:01 AM, Terra Syslo wrote:

    Hi, I downloaded a game a while ago called 94 Seconds, and at the
    time it was pretty accessible. I saw it on AppleVis.  However,
    with the latest update, I can't seem to figure out how to start a
    game. Anyone else play this and have any suggestions? Thank you.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8513 (20130701) __________

http://www.eset.com