accessible-iOS Makes sense Re: Re: Backing up EMail on ICloud?

  • From: Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 13:46:52 -0500

 OK that's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying!

El 11/09/2013 01:44 p.m., jessica brown escribió:
Ok. So yes. Your gmail account info is stored on iCloud, but not the emails themselves. Let's say you had a 3gs and you backed it up to iCloud because you were getting a 5s and you wanted to have your emails from your gmail account on your 3gs show up on your 5s. You would backup your 3gs and then sign in with your 5s and restore it from the backup of your 3gs. Your gmail emails are not stored on iCloud, but because iCloud did store your gmail account info like username and password, all the emails from your 3gs will show up on your 5s because of google iMap. The emails on the gmail server will be mirrored on your 5s. Hope that made sense.