[accessible-android] Fw: Point Finder 1.02

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 16:13:49 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: picoSpace Applications
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:54 AM
Subject: Point Finder 1.02

Hi everyone,

After some testing by some volunteers who are blind or visually impaired
(thanks to Jacob, Trevor and Scott), I'll be pushing out a new version of Point
Finder soon.

As requested, this one will allow Point Finder to be a "Share" option when
using Google Maps. There are some recent changes to Google Maps for Android
that require some explanation -  if you are sharing a "Google Place", then the
actual coordinates of the place should be shared. However, since the latest
release of Google Maps for Android doesn't allow you to share dropped pins, so
if you drop a pin and want to save that location, you need to make sure that
the pin is in the exact centre of your display, because its the coordinates at
the centre of your display that will be shared by Maps to Point Finder.

I've been reading in the forums and enough people have complained about it (for
example, off roaders, wilderness types) that Google has indicated that they're
working on restoring that functionality, but in the mean time, just a heads up.

Thanks everyone.
Voon-Li CHUNG
picoSpace PTY LTD (Australia)