[accessible-android] Re: Alternate Screen Readers

  • From: "Jarrod Jicha on Laptop" <jamminjerry2011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 20:27:30 -0400

I would like to comment on an email from > Andrea.  This is my experiences,
so not saying that I am right, or that they are wrong.

> Have tried both EqualEyes and Mobile Access and find them both totally
unacceptable.

 Do believe that statement is rather harsh. I have used both, ad while I
wouldn't suggest MA for people that use Jelly Bean, it is still usable, I
just personally don't like it under Jellybean.

> I found that neither program functioned as advertised i.e. both programs
failed to handle SMS and Equaleyes also refused to phone dial.

Well, I can prove in my podcasts that equal-eyes does indeed handle AMA, and
phone calls just fine.  While I do think there are things in it that could
be done better, it does work just fine.  Even when it was still in beta back
in march, it worked. If you go to my podcast page, and look for the podcasts
I did on equal-eyes, you will see that the latest one in july, and the
earlier one in march handled phonecalls just fine.  As far as SMS, again,
equal-eyes handled it just fine. I don't think it is the best way of doing
it, but it indeed does work just fine

MA handles SMS just fine as well, again, may not be what you are used too,
buthandles them just fine.  Also handles phone calls just fine, the only
problem I am awair of is the don't se system cal screens don't always work,
but other than that, I have made and received cals just fine.

> I have contacted both manufacturers and as yet have had no reply to my
messages.

While MA takes for ever and a year, if at all to respond to messages, I can
assure you that equal-eyes does respond to people, now they odn't have very
many people on staff, however, when I have emailed them back, I got a
response with-in 48/72 hours.

Again, this is just my personal experiences.  Some of you may have had other
issues, or things like that.