[accessible-android] Re: Accessibility improved in Android 4.4 (Kit.Kat)

  • From: Josh <joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 08:47:29 -0400

is it available on the nexus phones and tablets yet?

sent from my windows 7 laptop

On 11/2/2013 12:02 AM, Dialup @ 56k wrote:
Two days ago.
As to when it is available to various phones depends on lots of lots variables.
Glen

***

On 02-Nov-2013 2:53 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:
So, do we know when KitKat is going to be released?

Thanks,

Russell
On Nov 1, 2013, at 8:27 PM, Bryan Mckinnish <bryanbkm@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:bryanbkm@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi.
I can't wait to try it. I hope I can finally get plume or andstatus to work. I also hope web views are fixed when kitcat comes out.
Bryan Mckinnish

On 10/31/2013 11:16 PM, Dialup @ 56k wrote:
A brief extract from KK specs re accessibility.
Glen.
Improved accessibility
Accessibility has been improved in Kit Kat, with a system-wide Closed Captioning system. There are global settings that control whether captions are switched on or off, as well as the foreground and background colours and typeface. The accessibility APIs now support more precise structural and semantic description and observation of on-screen elements, so developers can add more information to assist the screen reader. To contact the list admin with questions, issues, or request concerning the list please email: alberto.a775@xxxxxxxxx or on skype at betoa221, or on twitter on betoa221 To subscribe to the list send a message with subscribe on the subject line to: accessible-android- request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from the list please send message with unsubscribe in the subject line to accessible- android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To make changes to your list subscription please visit: //www.freelists.org/list/accessible- android