[accesscomp] Re: xp home support

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 08:09:24 -0400 (EDT)

Expanding on What Tony has mentioned:

also keep in mind that systems, such as Netbooks, are being sold these
days that use flavors of XP.  Hence, MSFT is pretty much dedicated itself
to the notion that xp will be around for the foreseeable future.
By the time xp support vanishes, it is very likely that the pcs using it
will, for the most part, have broken down or been abandoned by their
users.
Also, software vendors will have abandoned making versions of their
software compatible with xp.  As a blind person, your question might
better be "how long will my screen reader run on xp".

Bottom line:  for now, relax.  You will likely yourself abandon xp long
before MSFT does.  We went through much the same fears with Win95, Win98
and so on.

Windows 7 may or may not cause many of us xp users to move upware and
onward.  Then again, who knows.

Just as obedience to the Lord is an indication of our love for him, so is it
also
a proof of ourfear of God.
Jerry Bridges