[accesscomp] Re: the weirdest computer problem I have ever encountered

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:17:42 -0500

I don't know, technically, what caused the problem.  I don't know if there
are any other problems you are as yet unaware of.  Run a system restore
point, the closest one you have, before the problem occurred.

I would also check your power settings.  No properly set up laptop should
continue to run once the battery has become too weak to power the computer
properly.  It should sleep, hibernate, shut down, or something similar.
The point is that properly configured laptops, where no other problem
exists, will stop running once the battery reaches a certain point of
weakness.  Either your power settings are incorrect, or there is some
problem with your computer preventing this from occurring.

Gene