[accesscomp] Re: text-to-speech engines and voices

  • From: "JULIE MELTON" <JEWELSONG21@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:31:44 -0600

Marcus,

I use Text Aloud to convert text to MP3.  It's about 30 bucks, but it's the
most accessible and stable program out there.  I've tried several.  It's at
nextup.com along with  the voices that were just mentioned.

If you have the Realspeak voices and want a free text to speech program,
DSpeech is not bad.  I don't have the site handy, but look on your favorite
search engine under DSpeech, and you'll find it.  It's also accessible but
offers fewer features.

Other voices besides realspeak that are good include AT&T natural voices,
Accapela, and Neospeech.

HTH.