[accesscomp] Re: regarding windows side show

  • From: "Pat Hart" <pat.hart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 06:33:20 -0500

I have Windows Vista Home Premium and am running the program Microsoft Security Essentials and it works fine for me.. Pat ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 11:51 PM
Subject: [accesscomp] Re: regarding windows side show

You should not use MSConfig to disable applications until after you check
to see if the application can be told not to run from within the
application.  Often, applications have such settings and this is one
instance where you can tell the program not to run.  If you use MSConfig
to tell an application not to run, the application will often simply make
a new entry in MSConfig and continue to run using the new entry.  Windows
Defender is primarily an old Microsoft antimalware program.  You can
uninstall it if you wish.  These days, it has been replaced by a much
better program, Microsoft Security Essentials which you can install if you
wish.  Windows Defender is no longer supported by Microsoft.  I don't know
what the other program is.

Gene